Georgetown provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package for all full-time university faculty and staff. Our benefits extend beyond health care coverage to help provide employees with a work-life balance that includes childcare, wellness initiatives, professional development, tuition assistance, retirement savings, and more!
Health and Wellness
- Health Insurance: Short- and long-term medical, dental, vision for employees and their families.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts: For health care expenses and dependent care expenses
- Disability and Life Insurances: Short-term, long-term disabilities; life insurance for employee and dependents.
- Retirement Savings: A 403(b) Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, in which the university contributes up to 10 percent of an employee’s gross pay. Voluntary Contribution Plan also available
- Commuting and Transportation: On-campus and satellite parking, shuttle service from nearby Metro stations, free motorist assistance in Main Campus parking lots and pre-tax SmarTrip cards for D.C. public transit. Discounted car-sharing programs through ZipCar.
- GUCares Employee Emergency Fund: A new program that creates an institutional framework for supporting University staff, AAPs and faculty in times of need.
- PAHO/WHO Federal Credit Union and PNC Bank: Banking partners for faculty, staff, and their families, offers low loan rates, low fees, and high savings yields.
Training, Professional Development, and Tuition Assitance
- Tuition Assistance: Tuition subsidies for employees to attend undergraduate and graduate programs, and for their dependent children to use for undergraduate studies.
- Training and Development: Provides individual classes as well as a Professional Management Certificate Program, available to all employees, paid for by the employees’ departments.
Wellness and Work-Life Balance
- Paid Time Off: 17 paid holidays, at least 21 accrued annual paid time off days.
- Child Care: Professional, licensed on-site childcare for children ages 18 months to 5 years at the Hoya Kids Learning Center on Main Campus and at the Georgetown Law Early Learning Center on the Law Campus. There may be a waiting list so please contact each Center separately for enrollment, eligibility, and waitlist information. Additionally, Georgetown partners with Bright Horizons (new window) to provide employees with access to a variety of dependent care options and opportunities.
- Lactation Room: Georgetown University provides several clean, comfortable spaces designated for nursing mothers to pump while they have to be away from their babies due to work or school.
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program: Free, confidential support to help faculty and staff with a variety of personal and work-related concerns.
- GUWellness: A university wide employee wellness program that includes health-related programs, events and discounts and which helped Georgetown become one of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Companies.
- Mode of Work: (new window) In order to provide employees increased flexibility and to balance operational needs with the needs and circumstances of our community, Georgetown University has introduced a new “mode of work” approach, with all employees receiving a designation as “on-campus,” “hybrid”, or “telework”.
Georgetown University is pleased to offer its employees at Georgetown University in Qatar a comprehensive benefits package.